title

Thursday, April 7, 2022

flexibility test

Testing flexibility of the silicone objects. Setting up the object with the strings takes up a lot of time, so I wanted to make an object where I can more quickly make changes. The motor is pretty loose currently, I need to add something the keep it from moving. I thought I should try to make the "environment" as close as possible to the final object to see how flexible it will actually be. Two layers on the top to make it stronger. Thought maybe it could break / bend with the motor "pushing" it down.

Thought also it would be a nice opportunity to experiment with a different look than the previous experiment, using carabiner clips to hang the object up.

Testing two different objects. One with a "knob" that can be pulled and one with just a tiny "knob". The flexibility is pretty good on both objects, but maybe this is a result of the shape of the object and that they're better secured than my previous attempts. However, not sure how durable it is. Silicone square is 7x7 cm, 5mm ish thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment